May 4, 2010

2nd and 3rd Weekends

So I wrote this post last week, with every intension to post it last week with pictures, but I never got the chance to get the pics together, so I'll just do a pic post later. Which I know, is far more interesting than my droning about faire. But sorry, you'll just have to suffer through:

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life's been busy. But good. This is just a brief post and pics about the second and third weekends of Faire.

Second weekend I was still taking it easy because of my ankle so I only went out on Saturday. Which was probably good since Sunday my ankle was protesting. But Terri loaned me an awesome pimp cane that helped me hobble around the faire. I rocked it. But I really spend most of the day in glade. Which is weird, since I hardly ever spend time in glade during a faire day.

Dre, who plays my mother at Faire, was visiting for the weekend. She lives up in San Francisco, so she only comes to visit. Laura, who plays my sister, planned a nice luncheon for her where we threw grapes and nuts, discovered the wonders of monkey cheese, drank lots of Deveraid, and explained to our mother our new family motto "An experience with a Devereux is like an alien abduction, without the anal probing". I'd share our other family motto, but I don't know how easily offended my readers are. :P

I was sure to blame my sprained ankle on my sister when our mother showed up and explained to her all about Penny throwing me down, stopping and beating me and then throwing rocks, which is totally how it went down.

I attended the Queen during her tea* and knighting*, this section of progress requires minimal walking, so it was good for me. I offended someone who is easily offended by doing something that I had no idea I did or that it would be offensive. Sigh. And that was pretty much that.

Saturday Chris texted me to let me know his grandma fell and broke her pelvis. She's OK, but has to rest for at least another 6-8 weeks. I felt so bad for her. We spent Sunday at their house helping out as much as we could.

Third weekend came, and it was evident that we are now in the middle of the run. Friday was Kids Day* which I was sad to miss, but because of my ankle I was taking it easy, and was hoping to be out both days. The weekend was a whirlwind. It was Laura's birthday so we had another luncheon, and we had far too much fun. Again, Saturday I spend most the day in glade. Jennifer and I did hit up a Boggards  show, my first one this season, certainly not the last.

Sunday, well let's just say I had a lit to drink. A LOT. Way too much honestly. I had a great time, but holy crap. I can't really remember a whole lot. I know I talked a lot. I have a tendency to lose filters when I drink too much. I'm just hoping I didn't say anything too bad. :/ Thankfully I was amongst friends.

I did commission a new goblet that I'm really excited about. She's making it to match my new dress. I can't wait to get it. I have one of her goblets from 11 years ago when last she was at Faire. So I knew I wanted to snag another one while I had a chance. It was expensive, yes, but in my opinion it is so worth it. She is a beautiful glass artist and I love that I can have some of her work. I get countless comments on the goblet I have.

*Queen's Tea and Knighting:  These are two of the events the queen does during the day for the kids that visit the faire. They can pay to have afternoon tea with the queen and afterwards at Kids Kingdome they can be knighted by her and receive a certificate with their name on it.

*Kids Day: Is usually one Friday during the run when schools brings kids from many different schools to come out and enjoy the faire all to themselves.

1 comment: