May 6, 2010

4th Weekend

So another weekend came and went. And it was a good one. This weekend was the March ARB Air Show, and I had planned to attend one of the days for some time, so I had already planned to miss one day from faire long before faire stared. I opted to do the Air Show on Saturday because we are typically short of people on Sunday at Faire, and I didn't want to leave them one more short.

The Air Show was impressive as usual. We couldn't afford the Thunder Birds this year, but they did get the Patriots, which were pretty impressive. Other highlights were of course the F-22 and C-17 and the Heritage Flight. I love Air Shows, I've been going as long as I can remember, and they're always a blast. I just love the Air Planes. J

Chris also got himself new tired for his car, which he was excited about and has been obsessing over for weeks prior, finding just the right ones. We also hit up T-Mobile for new phones. Both our phones were over two years old and starting to die on us, so we needed to upgrade. We both went for the My Phone smart phone. It's pretty amazing. I love that I can access the internet wherever I am. It has taken some getting used to. Chris had given me an iTouch last Christmas, which I love but I can only use the internet when I can access WiFi. So now I'm covered pretty much wherever I go. I just have to say though that honestly the iTouch is more user friendly with its apps, when going on Facebook and Twitter, and its internet browser. The touch screen is a little more responsive, and the screen is slightly bigger, which you wouldn't think would be a huge difference, but it is. If I had a choice between the My Phone and the iPhone, I'd totally be all over the iPhone. Just my 2 cents there.

We also headed over to Ashley to check out couches. We found one that we like, though I'm not really in love with it, so we decided to keep shopping around, to the despair of our sales lady. We figured if we're buying something that is going to be in our home for long while, it should be something we love. The couches we have now are ugly but functional, I think it's time to find the ones that we really want, and not settle because they kept offering more discounts as we walked out the door. We may go back, but I think we owe it to ourselves to at least know all our options. I had a great Saturday spending it with my husband.

Sunday was back at faire. My ankle was feeling much better, so I ditched the pimp cane and ventured out of glade. First going on a walk with some of the maids. We ran into Michelle (Mistress Vernon) who was going to stay for the May Pole dancing, so I stayed to watch. I'd never really watched them dance around the May Pole before and it was so much fun, I just wish I could have joined in.

Sunday was also the day that they held the faire memorial service for those we've lost from our Fire family, and we've lost a lot this year. I didn't go. I really didn't need to cry. The maids and I went to a Poxy Boggards show, one of their real shows on the NC-17 stage and sang the dirty songs. I've definitely missed that show.

After lunch I attempted Progress for the first time since Opening Day My ankle did pretty good, but I was scheduled to walk on second leg with the queen, so when progress passed back by glade, I slid out to sit and rest it for a bit. For Glade Stop* I was part of one of the gigs the Maids were doing. They wrote an awesome masque for the Queen and I was Mary Tudor. For my leg of progress again was the Kids Tea and Knighting. The tea is at St Cuthberts, and they only make room for 4 ladies with the queen, even though 5 attend. Apparently this is greatly offensive to some. I quite frankly don't care. I enjoy the tea, but will gladly make room for someone else to have a turn, so I found myself a bench off to the side and sat there as I wrote in the Queen's book*. When the time came for our relief to come, turns out that a couple of the ladies, decided not to do their assigned duty and didn't find anyone to replace them, so Rachelle (Lady Dacre) and I stayed on to help. Again, this wasn't a huge deal to either of us, a job needed to be done, and we did it. But some others were quite offended for us. Oh well, I still had a good time. Then it was the end of the day, I bought myself an artichoke covered in butter and hollandaise sauce. It's quite possible the greatest thing on planet earth. Thus ending another weekend.

I plan to attend both days for the rest of the three weekends we have left. Though, I am getting some flak for missing Mother's Day. I do feel bad, but I have already missed so much of the season,and quite honestly, I really don't feel like really celebrating the day too much this year. I'd much rather grab a Pony Ride and have some good laughs. I'll grab something for our mom's and grandmothers, but they'll just have to live without me this year.

I'll post some pics soon!

*Glade Stop: This is a period of about a half hour or so where the Queen stops at glade to be entertained. We get a decent crowd and do different gigs for her and the audience.

*Book: All day long there are at least 4-5 women assigned to the queen and they follow her wherever she goes. The positions are Basket (holds things the queen might need throughout the day), Cup (her drinking water), Pitcher (fills the cup), Book (to write notes to the queen, write down info of gifts she's been given) and Favor Basket (carries a bunch of different favors to be handed out by the Queen to children and other patrons as she sees fit. When I talk about being assigned, it means the position I was assigned to during a certain time of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment