May 17, 2010

Sixth Weekend

Holy crap Batman!! I cannot believe that faire has been going for six weeks and that this weekend will be the end. It has gone by so incredibly fast. On one hand I am so ready to have my life back, to spend my weekends with my husband, to sleep in, to get things on my to do list done. But on the other hand I'm sad. I'm going to miss faire when its gone. I'm going to miss the escape and the fun.

Unfortunately there was a significant amount of rumors and drama this season,  and it look like there will be some changes for next season, though I'm not really sure what they are since I've heard more stories than in a book of Aesop Fables. In any case, I know I'll be back for more next year.

I'm bummed that Chris won't be able to come and visit me this season. He had been planning to come out this weekend, but his uncle recruited him to paint his grandparents house, so he won't be able to make it out. We're both disappointed, but family comes first. I'm really not looking forward to the amount of crap that I have to bring home this weekend. The many trips to the car are not going to be fun.

My ankle did MUCH better this weekend, which is awesome. I am REALLY hoping to actually do a dance or two this weekend.

So Highlights of last weekend:

~ Saturday morning's Pony Ride
~ The amazing support of friends
~ Having the ball that is Master Jarvis thrown back into my court. I'm so gonna break Mistress Verno
   this weekend.
~ Dinner with the gang, including making Brendan wince at some very bad images I made him think
   about and almost making Alicia choke on her tacos.
~ Lady Shrewsbury getting the bagpipes to play at lunch for Lord Mountjoy
~ Finally catching a Commedia show
~ Spending Sunday morning with Lily and playing Eye Spy
~ Spending Progress with Fiona and playing Spelling Bee and playing with talking flowers
~ Getting to say a line for Queen Show
~ Officially receiving the title OMH (Old Married Hag) and now being called that by all the Maids. I'm
   having a handkerchief made with the initials OMH.
~ Catching a Boggards show.

I always feel like I'm forgetting so much. There is just so much that happens in two days, it's hard to remember it all.

I'll have some pics up later in the week and I'll actually have one or two non-faire related posts, if you can believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment