May 11, 2010

*Updated* Fifth Weekend

*Ok, sorry, pics must not have worked trying again.

I'm not going to really do a recap this weekend. they're kind of boring to write, and I'm even way more boring to read. So instead, some highlights:
~Belly dancing at St. Ives with my sister Saturday afternoon
~Watching Kat Ashley (Annie) break Yeoman Hammer
~Breaking Jimmy and Laura by describing what it’s like to live with my husband
~Christening my new goblet with a Pony Ride
~The invention of a Penny Ride
~Actually walking Progress both days and walking around the faire, visiting with patrons
~Starting Sunday with a nice quiet walk with Mary (Alyson)
~Being introduced to the meat locker at the Whore House
~QOTW "Jimmy, did you just teabag Jose's hat?"

And now some pictures:

Self Portrait

A good shot of my dress, even though I’m
making the dorkiest face ever.
And yes, I made that whole dress myself.
I have the blisters to prove it.

My pimp cane. Thankfully I haven’t had to use it in a couple of weekends. It’s still pretty bad ass.

This is my old (left) and new goblet. Both made by Girl Glass. To give you an idea on the size, my old goblet holds 16oz, I think the new one holds about 12-13 oz.

Taken in better light so you can see all the pretty colors. This was made to match my gown. I absolutely LOVE how this came out. Worth every penny. Yes those are flecks of gold throughout the glass. (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic)

A pic of the inside of the goblet. I can’t imagine the amount of talent it takes to make art like this, but I am in awe.

1 comment: