Jun 28, 2010

Random: Workout

Random: Exercise

OK, so I actually have a few things I'd like to post. Most of which involve pictures. But since the idea of getting out my laptop, plugging my phone and or camera into said laptop and going through all the drama of letting the pictures automatically load to my hard drive seems amazingly difficult. You just get a rambling post from me today instead. How exciting for you. Try to refrain from bursting with excitement. However I will give you a moment to happy dance.

 OK, let's see what can I bore you with? Um…

OH! Workout schedule!! Remember at the beginning of the month when I was super optimistic about working out and I was all set to kick my own ass down a few sizes? Well, yeah. I posted a great weekly schedule that was supposed to keep me accountable. Which BTW, none of the 3 of you that read this blog did. I'd fire you, but then I wouldn't have any readers. So I'll just wag my finger angrily at the computer screen for a moment…. OK, done. I hope you feel ashamed. But not so much that you stop reading. Please. I love you. Don't leave me.

Anyway, yeah, so on the first I was super excited and went straight home and worked out on my Wii. Then my crappy left ankle monster said to me "screw you woman! I can no longer perform in this manner!!" So I realized then that I would have to rethink my workout routine. By pretty much not doing it anymore. In my defense however in the 6 months since I last was weighed by the Wii, I somehow seemed to neither lose nor gain a single ounce. Really? How is that possible? But I did get connected back with Spark People and started tracking my calories and exercises again. The following week was my week off and according to the ever knowledgeable internet you burn like 180 calories an hour painting (have I mentioned this before? I can't remember. But I think it's worth mentioning again, because it's pretty awesome), and since I painted for like 3 days solid, plus heavy cleaning and walking. I kicked some ass in exercising that week. But somehow, managed not to lose or gain a single ounce. WTF? I think my Wii Fit is broken. Or enjoys slowly driving me insane. Probably the latter. I suspect that thing is going to try taking over my home one day. Unite with other Wii Fits and take over the human race as we are forever forced to step in rythym to our Mii characters and twirl non existant hoola hoops for the rest of our lives. This is why I threaten my Fit with a baseball bat every now and then. Keep it in line, thus delaying the eventual hostile take over. Your welcome.

I can't remember at all how I spent the third week of June in my little goal of fitness. I think I tried working out on the Wii a bit seeing what I could do without angering the ankle monster. And I tracked my calories like a good girl. Mostly because damn it, I wand those freakin Spark points!!! I have no idea why they are so important to me. But they are. I could probably look back to that week and see in more detail what I did that week, but let's face it, if I don't care enough to do so, than why in the world would you care enough to read about it. So I'll just save us all.

So that leads us into last week. Which happened to be my birthday week. Which I will really recap once I'm not so daunted by picture uploads, so let's stick to the whole exercise/healthy eating stuff. Well as far as the healthy eating goes? You can forget that. Between Thai lunch with the girls on my Bday, birthday dinner at Cheesecake Factory with Chris (where I actually ate so much food I was sick the next morning, yeah, that's embarrassing), second birthday lunch with my dad at Sizzler the day after, and second birthday sushi dinner with my family the day after that, I decided I had no business even trying to calculate those calories. Which I'm sure would have made me lose Spark points (which I don't think they even do, but they probably would have made an exception for my bloated ass), and we can't have that. Or even take that chance. This is real important to me. Clearly.

But!! There is some redemption!!! My birthday was Tuesday. On Sunday Chris and I had our obligatory weekly trip to Target to pay our mandatory $100 on stuff we really need!!!! Really!!! And while meandering through the video game section for my husband to drool over things I don't care about in anyway, I saw that Sports Active had a new update to their Wii workout thing (like how technical I get there?). I was interested, because I liked the Sports Active when I tried it for that one month last summer. Chris asked if I wanted that for my Birthday. And where I really hadn't given much thought to my birthday present, I decided I didn't because well, why have him buy me something that I can probably talk him into whether it's my birthday or not?  I'm sneaky that way.

Well turns out he's sneaky too. Because he saw something that when I noticed it my brain immediately put up blockers and refused to process. Jenny McCarthy's Wii Workout. Yes, that's what Chris got me. Now, you have to understand. I wasn't really upset about this or bothered by the gift at all. I didn't take it as him meaning I needed to workout or anything, because I know that he wouldn't do that. He values his balls me too much.  And I didn't even mind that he had gotten me the workout thing after I didn't want to waste a perfectly good present on something I could get anytime, because really, I had no idea what I did want and had given him no clues and to be honest, I am so freakin spoiled anyway, he could have given me nothing but himself in a ribbon and I wouldn't have complained a bit.

But, what I did hesitate on what JENNY FREAKIN MCCARTHY. Me, working out to Jenny freakin McCarthy. The girl that I just remember as a C lister farting on MTV. And enforcing the false belief that vaccinations causes Autism. Really? What in the heck could Ms. Usually annoys the crap out of me have to possibly offer me in a workout? Now granted she looks great and I appreciate that she's no longer farting her way across my TV, but still, really? I may be a bit of a snob sometimes. Chris had seen that this particular workout came with a camera, to scan my moves and judge my workout from that. He remembered (isn't that cute!) that my biggest complaints about the Active and Fit were that the equipment (the hand controllers and Fit) tend to get in the way. And where the Fit definitely has its advantages, holding onto controllers and exercise equipment at the same time can get annoying really fast and that was definitely the Active's biggest weak point IMO.

So he got this workout with the hope that the camera would make it easier to workout. And you know what? I actually really like it. A lot. I've worked out on it a few times; the workout has several different workout options so you don't get bored. It's fast pace, without being killer. You can choose the level of intensity you want for the day. You can choose the length of workout that you want. It builds in warm up, workout, cool down and breaks and it flows really nicely. The moves are easy enough to follow along to. Jenny isn't nearly as annoying as I had feared.  The music isn't NEARLY as annoying as other workouts both on Wii and regular videos. It sets up a regimen, but it's not so strict that you feel yelled at if you don't stick to it. I'm really liking it. Plus monster ankle doesn't seem as annoyed by these workouts.  So far I haven't lost anything I actually gained a pound, but I haven't been all that consistent and don't forget the million calorie week last week, so the fact that I didn't gain 15 lbs I think is a miracle.

OK, that ended up being way longer than I had anticipated, so I'll release you from my blog with just that for now. I'll throw more random stuff at you later. I have a feeling this week will be kind of low key in the workout/health arena. I need to start tracking again, but I'm ashamed to return to the Spark page. I will definitely be doing the Jenny McCarthy workout though.
Disclaimer: I pretty much wrote this post exactly how my brain thought it out. So here's a peek inside my brain. Thriling, wasn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment