Jun 3, 2010

Looking Productive

So, I’m supposed to be pricing office supplies right now. Which I’m not doing obviously. I hate pricing office supplies. It’s a part of my job that followed me from my old position because there is no one else to do it. Overall I don’t mind being the ordering person. But price checking is by far the worst part. So, in an attempt to still look productive at my desk and not be doing something on the internet that’s traceable I’m writing some blog posts that I’ve been meaning to write down. So I’m still being productive, just not in a way that my boss might particularly agree with.

OK, so I promise that this will not turn into simply a weekend recap blog, but it was an extra long weekend, and a lot happened so I’m going to share anyway. I had scheduled to take off Friday before the holiday months ago and I sooooo needed the extra long weekend. By the time I hit Thursday, it was all I could think about. I wanted to spend some time in my own home and get started on some projects there that I’ve put off since January.

Friday I planned to get my pile of faire crap in some kind of order. This is kinda big for me. It’s not unusual for me to come home closing weekend, throw all the crap into a corner and leave it there for 8 months until I need to get it out and in a panic somehow get it all cleaned and organized before Saturday approvals. So Friday morning I had a slightly lazy morning until I went in and tackled the crap pile. The Wii is in the back room and in an effort to use it again for the first time in months I popped in the Netflix streaming CD and watched some Eddie Izzard on the Instant Queue. I just love him so much. How in the world is a man that wears makeup better than be just so damn sexy. Incidentally, if you haven’t ever seen one of Eddie Izzard’s shows, holy crap what are you waiting for, go to Netflix NOW and get yourself one or all of his shows. I recommend starting with Dressed to Kill. Freakin Brilliant.

Anyway, dear Eddie made the whole thing go much smoother. I sorted and organized and washed, underthings and dishes. I tossed my dress into the backseat of my car to drop off at the cleaners. I was so proud of myself. There was only so much I could do because there is a lot of sewing crap that will have to be better organized when my sewing corner is set up.

I made myself an appointment to get my hair done, like I talked about a little in my last post. It came out great. I love it. I have no idea why I look so pissed in these pictures though. Possible because I was concentrating on clicking the button. That was pretty difficult. At the end of the appointment I immediately made myself another one in 10 weeks. I figure I can save up or if it looks like money is tight I can cancel, but this keeps me from getting lost in time, being too embarrassed to call and all that jazz. The appointment is made, and it’s all upkeep from here. :)
Before

After

That afternoon I found myself with very little to do for the first time in months. I ran by Home Depot and picked up some sample paint that I’d like to paint the office/sewing room. Other than that I pretty much just wasted an afternoon on the couch. It was so nice. :)

Saturday, was back up to faire site one last time to help with tear down. Not much to say here except it was HOT and I got to use power tools. I worked hard enough to get some blisters and cuts and feel like I did my part. Its hard work, but really I love it. I feel like I accomplish something when I can get down and dirty with a power tool. That’s not a euphemism, get your mind out of the gutter.

Anyway, Saturday Chris was down at his grandparent’s house finishing up painting their house, and that ended up taking the rest of the day, so I got another lazy day on the couch alone. It was nice, but I was missing my husband by then.

Sunday, we were both actually home. I made breakfast, we had a nice slow and lazy morning. We went down to Chris’s grandparent’s house in the afternoon for his grandma’s 88th birthday. And we stayed there pretty late.

Monday was another nice and lazy morning. We were invited to about 4 different Memorial Day things, but since we had hardly spent much time with each other since faire started, we wanted to spend the day together. I also wanted to get something else accomplished so I dragged Chris out to go look at couches. 2 stores and several hours later e finally found our couches. We both really like them and that’s probably the first time we could say that about any set. They’re comfortable, the right size for our living room and we both liked the color. We got the couch, loveseat, oversized chair and ottoman all at 20% off. Which is great because after you add in the tax, delivery and protection plan, they were quite pricey. Enough that it looks like we will have to pass on the cruise this year. But the Couches are worth the sacrifice. We’ll hopefully enjoy them for much longer.

Here are some pics. Sorry for the poor cell phone quality. They are actually much darker than they look in the pics. We have to wait a while for them to be delivered because they didn’t have any in stock, which kinda sucks, but at least gives us time to get rid of the old stuff.

Couch and Love Seat

Chair, Ottoman and some sexy guy hanging out

We spent the late afternoon BBQing steaks, drinking and crying over the huge amount of money we just spent.

All in all it was a great weekend. One I very much needed. It was great to have so much down time and be able to catch my breath. Something I felt like I didn’t get a chance to do all May.

I’ll post some plans for the week off soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment