Jan 11, 2011

First Day of School

Today is, what I am really hoping, the first of the last of my first days of school. Hopefully after today I will only have 6 more. But today is the last first day of school at a new school. I'm both a crazy mix of nervous and excited. I think I know what to expect, but really I don't. I was reading through the syllabuses yesterday and it seems the classes are a lot more hands on than I'm used to, which is great since I tend to do better in that kind of environment. But I was looking through the books and there is so much information and so much to know and remember. I can barely remember what I had for lunch, let alone keeping track of the differences between different types of therapy.

I am really excited for the opportunity to continue leaning about psychology though. And so happy with the thought that this will be my ticket out of my current job and into one that I will enjoy

I know I talked last year a bit about the Spring Rush, and this year certainly is no different. I've taken on new responsibilities at Renaissance Faire, which means I need to be even more committed than I have been before. Including making a new dress, writing schedules, and mentoring/leading a portion of the cast. I am so excited about this, but now looking at the school workload a little nervous about whether or not I'll live to see June. Thankfully I have some awesome support at faire and my amazing husband as mu support system at home to help. But still. I reserve the right now to have a few breakdowns at some point in the next few months.

Chris and I are still going to continue trying to have a baby. I figure if all goes well in June of 2013 I'll either be holding a Masters degree or a baby. Ideally I'd like to be holding both, but I know that's not too likely. One semester at a time. But at least I'm moving forward. I don't want my life to be defined by IF. As debilitating as it is, I can't let it control my life and hold me back. Doesn't mean the IF journey is any easier, just means I'm in control, not IF.

The loans for this school thing are intense. But hopefully we'll be able to pay off the CC's and be completely debt free aside from the loan and the house of course. That would be really nice. And that's the plan anyway. But as we all know, plans don't always work quite the way we want, so we'll just see what happens.

So was that post jumbled up enough for you? My brain is kind of wired and I have a TON of work that I really should be doing right now instead. But I wanted to vomit my thoughts onto my blog first. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment